2004 BFD Long Travel Sand Rail
El Cajon, CA
Details / Description
This buggy is a blast to drive, and so comfortable! Tons of room in the back seats. Holds enough fuel for the whole weekend. Always gets compliments when at the desert. Powder coat has crushed glass in it so it really sparkles in the sun and has hand painted flames on panels.
- 3.5l V6 ShortStar engine from an Oldsmobile (great motor, super strong if you do your research)
- Mendeola transmission, fresh rebuild by Transworks. Only one short trip on the trans.
- New clutch
- Fox coilovers with reservoir front and back. 20" of travel.
- 4 wheel disk brakes. Stops really well. New pads in the Rear.
- Brand new 930 CV joints
- Ron Davis radiator
- Cutting brake
- Front tires are STU Razor backs. They are awesome in the sand.
- 2 sets of rear tires: 1 set of paddles 1 set of dirt tires.
- Wheels are Douglas bead locks.
- Eagle eye lights, that light up the night.
- Rear wing trunk storage for tools/spares
- Brand new Optima Red Top
- I have some newer parts that I bought in order to install and have not got around to it
- New boots for front steering box
- Extra 3.5l V6 that needs to be rebuilt.
I am sure there is a bunch I have forgot on this. This car was so much fun in the sand. All our friends started having kids, so we dont go out anymore. This should be getting driven, not just sitting in my garage!
Text or email me and lets setup a time for you to look at it. Asking $19k OBO