2017 Suzuki DR-Z400SM Dual Sport For Sale
Elizabeth City, NC
Details / Description
2017 Suzuki DR-Z400SM
Suzuki's SuperMoto DR-Z400SM is based on the proven DR-Z400S so it combines Supermotard style and features in a narrow lightweight street-legal package. This bike brings off-road soul and fun to paved roads. It's not uncommon to take the SuperMoto down a twisty forest road around tight canyon corners or glide through commuter traffic. Its 398cc liquid-cooled four-stroke engine provides strong low-rpm torque and crisp throttle response for any of these occasions. Key difference between the DR-Z400SM and the DR-Z400S are the inverted front fork wide spoke-style wheels and 300mm diameter front brake disc. The inverted fork contributes to less unsprung weight and improved overall handling while the large brake and wider rims with high-grip tires offer an exhilarating sportbike experience.
Live in a concrete jungle' Here's your vine. Grab hold of our supermoto the street hybrid that's 80% dirtbike and 100% fun. Ride nice and tall in traffic then dominate in rough road conditions where most other bikes have to back off.
Features may include:ENGINE
- Lightweight 398cc DOHC liquid-cooled dry-sump engine produces strong tractable power
- Compact 4-valve cylinder head with 36mm intake valves 29mm exhaust valves narrow 28-degree included valve angle and shim-under-bucket valve adjustment system
- Simple electric starting via a lightweight starter motor with an automatic mechanical decompression system
- SCEM-plated cylinder (nickel-silicon-phosphorous) is lighter and more durable than an iron liner with excellent heat transfer properties
- Forged aluminum piston is 10 percent lighter than a cast piston and receives additional oil-cooling to the piston crown through a crankcase oil jet
- Smooth throttle response with a Mikuni™ 36mm carburetor fed by 6-liter air box. The left side cover has quick-release fasteners for easy access to the air filter
- Thermostatically controlled cooling fan mounted to the left radiator helps maintain consistent operating temperature in traffic
- Additional weight savings with magnesium valve cover clutch cover and magneto cover
- Compact 5-speed transmission utilizes a cable-operated clutch with separate outer cover for simplified clutch maintenance
- Low-maintenance long-life sealed O-ring type drive chain produces minimal sounds when riding
- Wide blue-anodized RK Excel aluminum rims with stainless steel spokes are fitted with high-grip sportbike radial tires: 120/70-R17 front & 140/70-R17 rear
- Strong braking performance is supplied by a front disc brake with a large 300mm floating-type rotor and dual-piston caliper plus a 240mm rear disc brake with single-piston caliper
- Long travel SHOWA inverted front fork is derived from a RM250 and features adjustable compression/rebound damping and alumite coating on inner tube surfaces for smooth action
- A fully adjustable rear shock absorber with high/low speed compression damping adjuster and a tapered RM-inspired aluminum swingarm combine for precise rear wheel control
- Renthal tapered aluminum handlebar has an aggressive look reduces vibration and has a great bend for spirited riding
- Chrome-moly steel frame tuned for Supermoto style riding is torsionally strong with minimal weight. The backbone tube front down tube and steering head gussets form the dry-sump engine oil tank
- A bolt-on aluminum sub-frame helps reduce weight simplify maintenance and contributes to the trim rear fender appearance
- Front and rear axle sliders help protect against damage in the case of a tip-over
Images may display optional equipment
*Price, if shown, does not include government fees, taxes, dealer freight/preparation, dealer document preparation charges or any finance charges (if applicable). Final actual sales price will vary depending on options or accessories selected.
NOTE: Models that have price comments (such as call for price, or request quote, etc.) are always included in a $0 search, regardless of actual value.