2017 Suzuki GSX-R1000R Sportbike For Sale
Details / Description
2017 Suzuki GSX-R1000 ABS
It has been three decades with more than a million editions sold since the GSX-R line was born. And a decade and a half has elapsed since the first GSX-R1000 transformed the open sportbike class forever. Now the 2017 GSX-R1000 is redefining what it means to be The King of Sportbikes.
All-new from its sticky tires up the GSX-R1000 exudes MotoGP influence. From the class exclusive Variable Valve Timing (VVT) system that helps deliver a broad and strong powerband to the compact cassette transmission a 32-bit dual-processor ECM 10-level traction control system and wind tunnel tested aerodynamics the GSX-R1000 was designed with one idea in mind to regain the “King of the Sportbikes" crown. Suzuki's Motion Track Anti-Lock Brake System is added to the GSX-R1000 ABS.
The new lighter and stronger aluminum twin-spar frame features quality components like the Showa BPF fork and rear shock Brembo monobloc calipers and T-drive rotors and a large full LCD display help the new GSX-R1000 lay claim to the title.
The King of Sportbikes is back bow to the King.
Features may include:KEY
- All new 999.8cc liquid-cooled DOHC inline-four cylinder engine produces exceptionally high top-end power without sacrificing low to mid-range power thanks to a Variable Valve Timing (VVT) system Ride-by-Wire Throttle Bodies and more.
- Advanced electronics such as an Inertia Measurement Unit (IMU) S-DMS adjustable power output and Suzuki traction control plus other performance features increase racetrack and street performance.
- New 32-bit Dual Processor Engine Control Module (ECM) blends Suzuki's vast street-going EFI knowledge with the intelligence from Suzuki's race-winning MotoGP program. GSX-R1000 riders will get sportbike performance without peer while simultaneously receiving polished street manners.
The new and exclusive ten-mode Motion Track Traction Control System (MT-TCS)* with IMU influence increases rider confidence by allowing adjustments to amount of intervention to match riding ability and surface conditions.
- The all-new four-stroke liquid-cooled DOHC 999.8cc inline-four cylinder engine is designed with a high level of top end performance plus strong low to mid-range power.
- The new design Suzuki Racing Finger Follower valve train weighs less than a tappet-style valve train for reduced friction and increased valve response at higher engine speeds.
- The GSX-R1000's new cassette-style six-speed transmission uses ratios carefully selected for optimal acceleration and top speed. Like the Suzuki GSX-RR MotoGP bike this transmission can be removed as a complete assembly from the side of the engine and features vertically staggered shafts to reduce overall engine length
- The primary gear ratio is lower compared to the prior GSX-R1000 for stronger acceleration.
Images may display optional equipment
*Price, if shown, does not include government fees, taxes, dealer freight/preparation, dealer document preparation charges or any finance charges (if applicable). Final actual sales price will vary depending on options or accessories selected.
NOTE: Models that have price comments (such as call for price, or request quote, etc.) are always included in a $0 search, regardless of actual value.