2017 Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT Dual Sport For Sale
Details / Description
2017 Suzuki V-Strom 650XT
Renowned for its versatility reliability and value the V-Strom 650 has attracted many riders who use it for touring commuting or a fun ride when the spirit moves them. It is a touchstone motorcycle balanced with a natural riding position comfortable seat and a flexible engine character that produces stress-free riding during brief daily use or a high-mile adventure. The new 2017 V-Strom 650XT now marries the looks of the V-Strom 1000 and the prior V-Strom 650XT unifying the V-Strom family. This new V-Strom has increased engine performance and great fuel economy while achieving world-wide emission standards. A number of other updates including weight savings a thinner chassis and some adventure-ready extras has resulted in a V-Strom that is more versatile more controllable and more accessible to elevate its total performance so it's simply “More V-Strom". And that's what a rider wants; more of a good ride.
Where the horizon ends the adventure begins. Whether it's a long-distance quest or a short-distance journey the V-Strom is the versatile machine designed for the spirit of discovery.
Features may include:ENGINE
- Using 2017 SV650 engineering the V-Strom's DOHC liquid-cooled engine has new camshafts to deliver clean strong power at any RPM.
- New low-friction resin-coated pistons and SCEM-coated cylinders help delivers high mileage for class-leading touring range.
- A new sleek two-into-one exhaust system routes below the chassis to reduce weight centralize mass and provide space for a narrow tail section (and optional luggage).
- The exhaust system has twin catalyzers and employs O2 feedback to the EFI system to produce optimum combustion efficiency and reduce emissions to an incredibly low level.
- The fuel injection system employs Suzuki's innovative SDTV (Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve) on new 39mm throttle bodies. The secondary throttle valves are controlled by a servo motor for smooth power delivery.
- New ten-hole; long-nose type fuel injectors on each throttle body improves fuel atomization for better combustion efficiency and while reducing fuel consumption.
- Suzuki's patented Throttle-body Integrated Idle Speed Control (TI-ISC) stabilizes the engine idle speed and helps lower emissions. The system is compact and lightweight.
- The TI-ISC on the V-Strom 650 ABS has Suzuki's Low RPM Assist feature that seamlessly adjusts engine speed during take-off and low-speed riding to smooth the power delivery and to help reduce the possibility of the rider stalling the motorcycle.
- The Engine Control Module (ECM) provides state-of-the-art engine management and has enhanced settings to suit the intake and exhaust systems resulting in better fuel economy and linear throttle response.
- The engine has dual spark technology heads with two high-energy slim electrode spark plugs per cylinder aid in combustion efficiency and power production.
- New to the V-Strom 650XT is Suzuki's advanced Traction Control System* which lets the rider control the throttle with more confidence in various riding conditions. It continuously monitors front and rear wheel speeds throttle opening engine speed and the selected transmission gear to adjust engine output if wheel spin is detected.
- There are three traction control modes (1 2 and OFF) and the difference between the modes are their sensitivity to road conditions. Mode 1 is lowest sensitivity level most suitable for skilled riders or in conditions that have good road surface grip (riding on good smooth roads). Mode 2 is highest sensitivity level suitable for road conditions where the grip may be limited (wet or cold surfaces). OFF disengages all traction control features.
Images may display optional equipment
*Price, if shown, does not include government fees, taxes, dealer freight/preparation, dealer document preparation charges or any finance charges (if applicable). Final actual sales price will vary depending on options or accessories selected.
NOTE: Models that have price comments (such as call for price, or request quote, etc.) are always included in a $0 search, regardless of actual value.