2018 Suzuki DR-Z400S Dual Sport For Sale
Details / Description
2018 Suzuki DR-Z400S
The DR-Z400S is ideal for taking a ride down your favorite off-road trail. You'll be impressed with the amount of torque coming from the 398cc liquid-cooled powerplant as well as the crisp handling from the adjustable suspension. This bike is completely street legal with an electric start and easy-to-read instrument cluster. Whether you're on the highway or in a tight twisty forest trail the Suzuki DR-Z400S can't be beat.
Like the off road DR-Z400E it is based on the DR-Z400S breaks new ground in off road/dual-sport riding by offering the broad tractable power and torque of an advanced and a compact light and agile chassis. Fully street-legal the nimble handling and excellent 4-stroke engine for tackling runs also make the DR-Z400S a downright pleasure to ride on highway and city adventures.Features may include:
- The DR-Z400S comes with a compact design 398cc DOHC liquid-cooled dry-sump engine that produces strong low-rpm power. Its compact 4-valve cylinder head features 36mm intake valves and 29mm exhaust valves.
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Materials (SCEM) cylinder for durability weight reduction and superior heat transfer.
- Digitally mapped DC-CDI system monitors throttle position/engine rpm and adjusts ignition timing to maintain efficient combustion.
- Forged aluminum piston is 10 percent lighter than a cast piston and receives additional oil-cooling to the piston crown through a crankcase oil jet.
- A Mikuni™ 36mm carburetor fed by a 6-liter airbox provides smooth throttle response. The left side cover has quick-release fasteners for easy access to the air filter.
- Electric start system provides convenient operation and features a lightweight starter motor and a compact 6.5 amp maintenance-free battery.
- Magnesium-alloy clutch magneto and cam covers contribute to weight reduction.
- A compact 5-speed transmission utilizes a cable-operated clutch with separate outer cover for simplified clutch maintenance.
- A narrow chrome-moly steel frame is torsionally strong with minimal weight. The backbone tube front down tube and steering head gussets form the dry-sump engine oil tank. A bolt-on aluminum subframe helps reduce weight and simplify maintenance.
- Long travel 49mm cartridge-style forks feature adjustable compression/rebound damping and adjustable spring preload for all types of on/off-road terrain.
- A fully adjustable progressive linkage rear shock absorber (spring preload/compression damping adjustable) and aluminum swingarm for precise rear wheel control.
- Sure stopping power is supplied by a 250mm front disc brake with dual-piston caliper and a 220mm rear disc brake with a single-piston caliper.
- Compact digital instrument cluster with speedometer odometer twin-trip meters with addition/subtraction capability clock timer and stopwatch functions.
- On-road legal lighting with bright 60/55 watt H4 halogen headlight compact tail/stoplight lightweight rubber-mounted turn signals and horn.
- A pouch on the rear fender carries tool kit and the owner's manual.
Images may display optional equipment
*Price, if shown, does not include government fees, taxes, dealer freight/preparation, dealer document preparation charges or any finance charges (if applicable). Final actual sales price will vary depending on options or accessories selected.
NOTE: Models that have price comments (such as call for price, or request quote, etc.) are always included in a $0 search, regardless of actual value.